Coding & Marking Systems for Pharmaceutical and Medical
Traceability made easy. Quickly and accurately code & mark your products at all stages.
Pharmaceutical and medical device manufactures are legally required to follow certain product coding and marking regulations. Governing bodies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) develop and administer these mandates.
Prevent Recalls Arising from Packaging & Labelling
When products escape the labelling and packaging component of a manufacturer’s production system, recalls happen! In fact, in a recent FDA presentation, the causes for some recall events (and their percentage of total recalls) were identified as follows:
- Incorrect/missing production lot number – 6%
- Label mix-up – 5%
- Mis-carton/mis-packaging – 5%
A New & Superior Way of Coding and Marking Drug Products
Pharmaceutical track & trace systems play an important role in diminishing the occurrence of these non-conformances. And, Printing Verification and Control Devices can be used:
- to assure imprinting conforms to the batch record
- for drug product, case and carton labels
- Prevents labeling mix-ups
- Provides traceability information for the lot
- Improves visibility of key information
- Ensure legibility of drug name or strength on blister packaging
- Offers long lasting ink
- Can be used to bring attention to important product information on shipping cartons.
The FDA requires devices intended to be reprocessed or to be used more than once by multiple patients to be marked with a permanent Unique Device Identifier (UDI). This is known as UDI direct marking. The most reliable way to ensure a UDI lasts for the life of a multi-use device is by marking the device itself with permanent a mark, rather than a temporary package or label, which can be discarded, torn, obscured, wiped off, or easily degraded.
No maintenance. No downtime. No errors.
Mark and Code your products the easy way.
Coding on medicine container
Marking on syrup bottle
Printing on pharmaceutical packaging